Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Me growing up with Harry Potter

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/1950/xq9mbt.jpg
(This is a picture of me holding the elder wand)

Oh yes, Harry Potter's been my youth... Wanna see a timeline?

2001:
November: I saw Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone for the first time

2002:
May: I got Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone on video
May/June: My mom made me a cloak and wizard hat, got me a broomstick and a wand
June: My neighbors bought the DVD with a sorting hat function on it which sorted me into Ravenclaw
July: I got my first Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
November: I saw Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on my classmate's birthday party

2003:
January: Me and my classmate (and best friend at the time) decided to begin our own school of magic (didn't work out though)
March: Became to doubt the sorting hat and thought I should actually be a Slytherin
June: I read Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire just before Order of the Phoenix came out

2004:
May: I was the only kid in my class who was allowed to see the Prisoner of Azkaban because of the 9+ rating

2005:
July: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was the first book I bought at 00:00 on the release date
December: I became 11 on December 26 2005 so from that moment I started waiting for my Hogwarts acceptance letter

2006:
September: I didn't get my Hogwarts acceptance letter...

2007:
July: Second (and last) time I waited till midnight on the release date of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to get the book I've been waiting for ever since I was 6.

2008:
September: Decided to be a Ravenclaw again after me and my classmate (and friend) told me she was a Ravenclaw too.

2009:
Apart from the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince movie and The Tales of Beedle the bard I don't quite remember other events. I was probably too busy re reading the series or trying to watch all 6 movies in a row.

2010:
December: Saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 twice and realized it had to be over soon, even though I couldn't quite believe it.

2011:
February: Started re reading the whole series again
April: I got the elder wand! I'm currently searching for the resurrection stone and the invisibility cloak.

Planning for the rest of the year:
July 11/13: Harry Potter marathon + premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
July 14: ...I don't know... Does life make sense when it's all over? I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment