Wednesday, June 15, 2011

How I fell in love with Harry Potter


I fell in love with Harry Potter in 2001, when I was 6 years old and the first movie came out. I went to see it (dubbed in Dutch) in the cinema and fell in love with it immediately.
Back then DVDs (and videos) didn't come out very soon so usually I forgot about the movie. Didn't happen with this one.
When I was 7 I underwent surgery to have my appendix removed. Of course my mother told me I was a big girl when it was done so I got to choose a toy. But then... I saw Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone came out on video and DVD. We didn't have a DVD player yet so we bought the video.
Well, of course I couldn't stop playing it and practically watched it every day. Or twice a day. Or even more.
That summer I got the best present I've ever gotten... The book. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, written by J.K. Rowling. Of course I had no idea who she was back then, but hey, I was 7. I read it all by myself and became addicted to it.
Really addicted.
My mom made me a cloak, I bought a broom... Yes, you may call it sick, but err... I'm still that addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment