Sunday, July 10, 2011

The soundtrack

We all know the Harry Potter soundtrack, don't we? I mean like... Who doesn't know Hedwig's Theme?
I hope you know the title, if you don't, I hope you can read notes. If you can't read notes either, here you go:

This tune really has become the Harry Potter anthem. We all know it. It's been in every movie and became darker every time. My favorite version of Hedwig's Theme is "The Story Continues" from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Oh no, I was kidding, this is my favorite version:


John Williams, who composed the first three scores, made my favorite soundtracks. The other three were okay too, but I'm not quite happy with Alexandre Desplat. He's a genius, but the music he's made for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows isn't Potterish.
I have all eight soundtracks, so I know what I'm talking about. They should have brought John Williams back for the final soundtracks.

I don't know whether it's true or just a rumor, but I've heard Leaving Hogwarts (by John Williams) will be played during the epilogue. Oh please, let this be true and let this theme end my childhood. I don't want Alexandre Desplat to ruin it. Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment